Best Universities of Pakistan
It is commonly believed that education is one of the most powerful tools in eliminating poverty, elevating social growth, producing creative individuals and creating a highly innovative social environment. It is quite amazing to note that poverty and education are paradoxically linked with each other – when one is improved, other is reduced. Despite all other social and economic challenges, Pakistani universities are making a great effort in uplifting the higher education system.
Let’s know about some of the best universities of Pakistan:
1. Quaid-e-Azam University Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, once known as Islamabad University, was established under the Act of National Assembly in July, 1967 which offers several teaching and research programs for PhD and MPhil degrees. Currently, this university has four highly developed faculties and nine other teaching and research institutes holding high standard of educational services.
2. University of the Punjab University of Punjab is the largest, oldest and prestigious higher learning institute in Pakistan. This university consists of 5 campuses, 13 faculties, 614 affiliated colleges, 10 constituent colleges, more than 73 departments, over 818 permanent faculty members for teaching and purpose and 36,000 on campus students. It also has its campuses at Khanaspur, Gujranwala and Jhelum with the purpose of providing conductive environment for the pursuit of academic activities.
3. National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST) National University of Sciences and Technology was established in March, 1991 for the development of scientific education in the sectors of science and technology by producing a learning environment and need-based search fitting industrial requirements. Just within two decades, NUST has expanded its scope and services, achieved important milestones and has gained immense significance as a leading comprehensive institution of higher education in Pakistan.
4. Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences (PIEAS) Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS) is widely recognized as a distinguished federal public university highly devoted to higher education in the disciplines of engineering, natural sciences and formal sciences. In addition to regular degree programs, PIEAS also strives to offer short courses for scientist, engineers and other professionals so that they may continue to improve in their professional career.
5. Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) Lahore University of Management Sciences is a top class institution with a prestigious history of procurements and achievements in the field of management sciences, humanity & social sciences, engineering and economics. The university got legal right for establishing degree-granting programs on March 08, 1985 and also got authorization from government to set up other schools under the aegis of “Lahore University of Management Sciences”.